Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Preparations

I have been absent from blogging this month, I hope you can forgive me, it's been a busy few weeks with all of the wedding preparations. It's mostly all done though! YAY!! This weekend, I am going to take some time for my self and take Jak to the cottage and relax on the beach. I can't wait.

The last two weekends, my sister has come to our house and helped out tremendously with all of the tasks still to be done. The Saturday before last, after the engagement photo session, we did a bunch of shopping. We bought pumpkins for the centerpieces, supplies for the boutineers, a frame for the seating chart, and a bunch of other supplies. Then we spent the afternoon scanning pictures for the slide show and assembling directional signs. On Sunday I went to Miton to pick up our Liquor Permit and then went on to D's parents house to pick up the pictures for his portion of the slide show. I ended up leaving them there for his dad to scan, which saved me a whole bunch of time.

This past weekend, I went down to G-town on Saturday to meet with the hair stylist to go over my hair for the wedding. I showed her a bunch of pictures of what I want it to be like and the hair pins I made for my hair. Then I went to Milton again, this time to pick up some battery-opperated tealights to use in the center pieces because the Museum doesn't allow open flames, with the exception of the fireplace. We also went to IKEA to get some big candles for the fireplace. When we returned to G-town, my sister and I continued working on the slideshow, cutting it down to an acceptable length, and finding accompaning music. We decided on "Picture Book" by The Kinks, and "Grow old with me" by Adam Sandler. Having picked out the music, attaching it to the slideshow was proving to be very difficult, so we gave up and I went home.

On Sunday, H came to our house again to help me get as much done as possible so that I would be able to go to the cottage this weekend. Without her help, and motivation, I probably wouldn't have got it all done. With her there, we managed to finish the aisle and altar arrangements, finish the seating chart and guest book frame, and complete the cards I printed that explain our photo-sharing website. There's not a whole lot that I still have to do now!

1 comment:

  1. You are doing awesome I am so proud! We can do the slideshow on my MAC if you want, they have a pretty easy setting for that if you aren't done yet! xo

    ReplyDelete