Saturday, December 22, 2012

a little scared

13w 2d

Last Tuesday I had my last appointment with the FC and we got to see this:

Twins
 
Twins

Baby A

Baby B

Then on Thursday at 5 pm I started seeing red, blood that is.  It was very scary.  I got up from my chair at work and felt wet so when I checked (I was alone in the office, everyone else had gone home by that time) my finger came back bloody.  I immediately called the midwives emergency line.  They told me that if the bleeding got worse or I started cramping, to go to emergency at the hospital. Otherwise they would set up an ultrasound for me on Friday. I was told to relax for the weekend and not do any housework; curl up on the couch, watch Christmas movies and just rest. By the time I got home the bleeding had stopped and was just spotting. So I called in sick on Friday and went to the ultrasound and got to see the babies again:

Twins

Baby B

Baby A

Everyone was doing fine, wiggling around, and waving and turning over with strong heartbeats!  The official ultrasound report didn't get to the midwives until Monday, but everything was "absolutely perfect" and they couldn't find any reason for the bleeding.

Fast forward to yesterday morning, just after I got out of the shower, I started bleeding again.  This time was the exactly the same as last time, it only lasted about 20 min then stopped and turned to spotting.  Again I called the midwives, but they didn't send me for another ultrasound this time.  I'm still spotting a little today, but I'm taking it easy and trying to rest as much as I can.

The possible reasons that the midwife gave me that I could be spotting/bleeding in a simple increase in the amount of blood in my body.  Also I'm just extra vascular at this point and a simple bump to my cervix, even inadvertently, could result in spotting.  If it continues to be an issue they will consult with an OB and possible send me for another scan.  I'm not going to bother calling them if it happens the same way again.  My next appointment is Jan 7th, if there are any more episodes, I'll let them know then.

1 comment: