Friday, March 30, 2012

Ketchup

I don't have any updates of my own right now, but there are some things I really should catch up (get it, ketchup? Lame? ya, I know) about.

March 22, 2012

That was a big day.

First, my sister had her second surgery.  It was something she had been waiting for, for a long time.  She found out with only 6 days notice, so it happened pretty quickly.  The surgery went well, better than they had expected and she is healing well.  Two things sucked about the timing though.  First, it was the day before 'The Hunger Games' was released and she had been looking forward to it for ages.  Second, it was 7 days before her birthday which would mean that more than likely, she would be in the hospital for her birthday.  Which she was.  I sent some flowers and a balloon to her room and hoped that helped cheer her up.

Secondly, my Friend T gave birth to a baby boy!  Her water broke on Tuesday afternoon but she did not go into labour on her own.  24 hrs later, she was induced and another 20 hours after that he was born. 7lbs 14oz and cute as a button.  So far I've got to spend about half an hour with him and he was asleep the whole time.  For the first four days of his life he was unnamed, poor little guy... but they finally decided a very strong name.  I don't want to put it on here to protect their privacy, to give you a hint, his first name is the last name of a former president and always reminds me of Jim Carey in 'The Truman Show'.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to both T and your sister...two very different reasons to celebrate. xoxo

    ReplyDelete