Monday, February 4, 2013

Things that go bump in the night

19w3d

I had another midwife appointment today.  Everything is looking good.  All of the pains I feel, and I've been feeling a lot of them, are normal.  Mostly the pains are on my right side, from my mid-back/kidney area wrapping around to my pelvis.  It's just the stretching of the ligaments that are causing the pain.  I was told when it gets bad, don't try to be a hero, just take some tylenol, it's perfectly safe. I have a lot of walking to do tomorrow so I might just take some preemptive tylenol in the morning.

I asked to be measured at today's appointment. Not because I am worried that I'm too big, or not big enough, but I just wanted to know how I compared with a regular single pregnancy. I'm measuring 26 weeks today! 7 weeks ahead... I think I'm going to ask to be measured each time just for fun. I wonder at the end how far along I will get to :)

Work has been really great.  I've needed to scale back my site visits a little and my co-workers have volunteered to do some of it for me, or at least, they haven't complained when I ask them to do something.  For example, I had a bunch of notices that needed to be delivered on Friday, but it was one of the really bad days for the ligament pain and I just couldn't do it.  I called one of the buys and they did it for me.  He did mention that it was really cold and that I owed him a hot chocolate, but he was just being facetious. 

I bought him a hot chocolate today anyway, it was the least I could do.

A full nights sleep is almost non existent over here. I never did get an increased need to pee in the early days. It wasn't until about 2 or 3 weeks ago that I started to go more often. Now it's every few hours and every night between 2am and 3am. Sometimes I'm also waking at 5:30am but I usually try to hold off on that one because I have to get up at 6:30 for work anyway.

A couple of nights ago I had a few firsts.

1.  I had my first Braxton Hicks contraction.  It was a little scary, I wasn't sure what it was.  I was on the computer and trying to ignore how uncomfortable I was but then D came in and asked me how I was feeling.  My first instinct was to say "crampy" but then quickly realized that I shouldn't feel crampy.  The feeling passed in a few minutes and didn't come back so I didn't worry about it and decided it was just a BH.

2.  I was sitting on the couch with my hand resting on my belly and I felt a kick!  I have been feeling a lot of movement, but never anything strong enough that would be noticeable from the outside, but this one was really strong and I could definitely feel it on my hand.  I can't wait until that is happening more often so D can feel his babies too.

No comments:

Post a Comment