Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Yesterday

I went to the the Doctor's yesterday to talk to her about the tests she ordered a couple of weeks ago and to request a referral to a gynecologist or a fertility clinic. She had already sent a referral to a gynecologist for me last week, so she only went over my test results.  


Everything looked fine except my progesterone was a little low.  The normal range for a non-pregnant female at Mid-Luteal is 16.4 - 59.0.  Mine was 10.2.  She didn't really seem worried about that though.  She said "it's not above the 16.4, but it is above 10, soooo...."  What does that mean? It's not normal, but it's more than half-way to normal!  I'm glad that I got the printed results, now I can take it to my naturalpath tomorrow and show them to her and maybe there is something she can do to help with the low progesterone.


The tests my family Doctor did were only a small portion of the tests that need to be done.  And D has to be tested too.  She said that the GYN would order the tests for him.  I was trying to get an idea from her when I might expect an appointment with the GYN and she didn't really know.  I got the feeling that she knew it was going to be a long wait, but didn't want to say anything.  When I pushed, she did get me their phone number and also the phone number of Fertility Clinics that she could refer me to if I wanted.  She suggested that I call some clinics and find one I wanted to work with then give her a call back and she would send the referral.  


I still had a while before I had to be back at the office so I called the GYN to find out the status of my referral and to see if they had an idea of when my appointment would be. Ya, they hadn't even looked at my referral yet and probably wouldn't for another 3 weeks and my appointment likely wouldn't be until August.  I was so upset when I heard that.  I was next to tears all afternoon.  


I spend some time researching the clinics that she gave me.  Most of them were in Mississauga/Brampton/Burlington, and when going through treatments I will likely have to go in every morning for a couple weeks each cycle for monitoring so going to most of them would be difficult.  But one of them has a satellite clinic in Milton; still 1/2 hr away, but doable.  I called them this morning and they are booking for April!  Much, much sooner than August!  So my Dr. was going to fax the referral right away.  


So that's were we are right now, waiting to find out when that appointment is.  It will probably still be a little while after that initial appointment before we can start any treatments, but I finally feel like we are getting somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment