Wednesday, March 16, 2011

You Have Two New Messages

Every day for the last 2 weeks I have come home from work and checked my phone to see if the fertility clinic has called me for my initial appointment.  Of course, the one night I didn't was the day they called.  I got the call on Monday, but didn't get the message until Tuesday after work.  I was a little disappointed in that the message only said "Hi, this is Dr. M's office, please call to set up your initial consultation." So I had to wait an entire day (well, evening and overnight) until their office opened again this morning before I could find out what day my appointment was.  It nearly killed me.

My appointment is May 13th.  Two months from now.

More waiting.

Story of my life.

It could be worse though, I have heard horror stories about people waiting close to 9 months to get into a clinic so I count my self lucky that it's only 2 months.

During these last two weeks of waiting I also have been in to see my GP again.  I finally made the call to go see her again, only 6 days after seeing her for the blood work results, because my period had not stopped.  By this time I was going on day 16! That's at least 12 days longer than the average woman's menstruation.  But it was mostly spotting, I had been spotting since about day 8, and when I saw her on day 10, I figured it HAD to be almost done so I didn't bring it up.

Since January I have had more spotting, both before and after AF, than I ever have before.  This month was a little different because it was accompanied by discomfort on my left side only.  I normally get mega cramps with AF, but I noticed this month they were almost all on the left side.  I thought it might be a cyst so I wanted to have it looked at.

My GP agreed that it could be a cyst and ordered an ultrasound.  The ultrasound is on March 30th.

Waiting (the magic word).

Now, following Murphy's Law, the spotting stopped 2 days later.  I still have little twinges on my left side so I think there is still something there, but maybe it will go away on it's own.

They do that sometimes... just to screw with you.

They also sometimes have hair or teeth in them... wouldn't that be freaky?  To have a tooth growing on your ovary?

Brings a whole new meaning to "Don't worry, I don't bite..."

No comments:

Post a Comment