Thursday, July 14, 2011

Heartfelt Congratulations

Good things
should come
to good people
like you.

Dear T,

I want you to know how truly happy I am for you. I know how hard it was for you to tell me that you were expecting and it saddens me that having to do that put a damper on such exciting news. You should not feel anything but the happy anticipation that comes with being pregnant, not worrying how that news will effect me.

You have been so supportive this past year while I have struggled with my own fertility and it I don't think I could have got through it without your ear to listen and shoulder to cry on. I hope you know that I will be there for you when you need me too.

I am looking forward to making your baby all sorts of handmade blankets and onsies and burp cloths.  I look forward to helping you decorate the nursery and shopping for baby things and baking cupcakes for your baby shower.  I'm still hoping that we will both be able to do these things together, but even if that doesn't work out, I am still excited to do them for you just the same.  Maybe I'll end up with a bunch of hand-me-downs when it's finally my turn?

I love you and wish you a happy and healthy 9 months.

Not So Wise

No comments:

Post a Comment