Monday, July 4, 2011

The results are in... (again)

Today we had an appointment with the Dr. to go over the results of the cycle monitoring and tests that were done last moth.  This appointment was originally scheduled for August 8th but was moved up when there was a cancellation!  I have been looking forward to this all weekend so naturally, this weekend went by sooooo slowly!  Normally I love weekends that seem to last forever, but not this time.

He started the meeting off with the good news... D's swimmers look good.  He didn't go into specifics, but did mention that his count was 38 million.  He also said that my tubes were open, but that i have a heart shaped uterus.  The heart shape may or may not have an effect on our fertility.  The shape can make implantation more difficult and can be the cause of early miscarriages.  The last thing he talked about was my ovulation.  The good news is that I ovulate, but it's late.  The long follicular phase can decrease fertility and increase miscarriages.

So what's the plan Stan?

Well, since the shape of the uterus may not have any effect, he is first going to treat the late ovulation.  If that doesn't work within 3 months, he will do surgery to correct the heart shape and remove any possible endometriosis.

I currently ovulate around CD19 or 20, which is late, but not incredibly late.  The drug he is prescribing is called Letrozole.   I will begin taking it on the 3rd day of my next cycle for 5 days.  This should make me ovulate between day 11 and 15.  He also mentioned that this should correct some of the other hormone related issues that I have, like acne, which would be awesome!

A baby and no acne - heaven!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment