Sunday, November 13, 2011

Epic Fail

All the signs are here... the cramping, spotting, headache, etc.  Aunt Flo is just around the corner.  Early I might add.  Bitch!

Four medicated cycles, all failed.

Now I'm officially moving on to the next step. Surgery.

It's scheduled for December 1.

I don't know exactly what will happen.  I don't see the Dr. for the pre-op appointment until next Monday.  I have a ton of questions for him that day.

  1. How big is my septum?
  2. Will you be able to remove it all with one surgery?
  3. What is the difference between a septum and a bicornate uterus?
  4. Is there a difference in treatment?
  5. How do you know it's a septum and not bicornate?
  6. Will you do an HSG at the same time?
  7. Will I see you before/after the surgery?
  8. How long can D stay with me before the surgery?
  9. Does it matter when in my cycle the surgery is done?
  10. Is there any potential that I will lose a tube or that the tubes become blocked because of the surgery?
  11. What can I expect in terms of recovery?
  12. What pain killers will I be given?
  13. How long will I be off work?
  14. Will I have a balloon inserted? How long will it be there?
  15. Will I need to be on estrogen or progesterone after?
  16. When will we be able to start to TTC?
  17. Will any pregnancy I have after this be automatically considered high risk?
  18. What are the risks during pregnancy as a result of the surgery?
  19. What will my first cycle after surgery be like?
  20. Will we do any drug treatments right away?
  21. How any timed cycles will we do before moving to IUI?
  22. Is it possible to build up a resistance to Femara? It worked great in cycle 1, then cycle 2 was long and no ovidrel, cycle 3 was upped to 5mg and was short, cycle 4 is also at 5mg and is long...
  23. From the research I've done, septum's are often associated with recurrent losses, since I have never had a pregnancy or a loss, what are my chances that this will solve my problem and actually get me pregnant?
  24. In each of the 3 cycles that I did a trigger shot my period came exactly 11 days after the injection leaving me with an LP of 10 days max.  Is that long enough?  Should I be on a progesterone supplement after the surgery?
When I have some answers to these questions, I will come back and share them.

For now, I'm catching up on the Twilight Saga in preparation for Breaking Dawn on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment