Monday, November 14, 2011

Good bye 20's

When I was 21 and living in TO on my own I was feeling rebellious.  I had recently broken up with my high school boyfriend and was looking for ways to be sexy.  So one day I went up to the village and got a navel ring.  I'm not showing off my ring anymore like I used to in the bars in university, but I still never wanted to get rid of it.  I still wanted to hang onto that part of me... however brief that period was.

Saturday night I realized that one of two things was going to happen today.

1 - By some miracle I would be pregnant and I would eventually have to remove the ring because of my ever expanding belly.

2 - More likely, my period would show up and I would be having surgery in two and a half weeks and would have to remove the ring so that surgical instruments could be inserted through my belly button.

Either way, the result was the same.  My 20's are officially over.  I likely won't put it back in after the surgery because I'm still hoping that scenario number 1 will still happen eventually.  And after that... who wants to see a navel ring in a flabby mommy tummy anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment