Friday, June 29, 2012

Bust

CD 10

This morning I went in to have a look at what's growing.  The good news is that I have have one follicle at 12mm.  The bad news is that it's on the R side.  Once a follicle takes the lead, it asorbs all of hte hormones and the others stop growing. (That's why 26 on CD3 was not a concern...)

What does that mean?

It means that I will release a mature egg from my R side.  That's the side where I just had hte tube removed.  With no tube, there is no way for the egg to reach my uterus and become fertilized.  Yes, there are miracle stories about the tube from the opposite side picking up the egg, but the fact in with my endo, that just won't happen.

Isn't there anything we can do?

I met with Dr. F this morning and she is increasing my dose from 66 to 100 in a last ditch effort to save this cycle but she doesn't hold much hope that it will work.  I go back on Sunday to see if makes a difference and after that, we wait until next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment