Sunday, August 26, 2012

Neglect

I have been a little neglectful of this blog recently.  I can't explain why.  Yes, we have been on a break, but it's not like there hasn't been anything going on.

Anyway, let's catch up...

We had an appointment with our RE to sign out consent forms for IVF on August 14th.  The appointment went as expected.  We were brought back into one of the exam rooms and given the forms to read over.  There were a few decisions that I wasn't expecting to make... like what we agree to do with any 'leftover' embrios and what would we do if either of us die.  They were tough decisions and I'm glad we were left alone in the room to discuss them.  These are very personal ethical decisions which are the decision of D and I alone so I won't elaborate here.

Now I am just waiting for my next CD1 which should be any day now, and then I will be officially beginning my IVF cycle.  The IVF will take about 6 weeks, 8 weeks till testing, but for the first 4 I am on my own taking BCPs and suppressants.  They need to shut down my ovaries before stimulating them to ensure that all of the follicles grow at the same rate to the same size.

I've been feeling pretty crampy over the last few days but AF has yet to start, she's toying with me!  If she would wait until tomorrow, that would be perfect timing.  It would mean that my next period (yes, I will have one more before this is over) would be after Julia's wedding and my egg retrieval would be more likely to be on a weekend.  But I'm impatient, and I want to get started now!

In other news, August 23rd seems to be a pretty popular birthday.  Two of the three pregnant people around me gave birth that day.  Both little boys.  My cousin had a C-section after a long labour and gave birth to O.wen.  And a friend gave birth to her third, Ry.ker, at home (her second homebirth).  I'm glad it happened that way, get them all over with.  Quick, like ripping off a bandaid.  The next hurdle is meeting the babies for the first time, hopefully I can put that off for a bit. Maybe until after IVF...

No comments:

Post a Comment