Friday, July 31, 2009

It's like I try and do everything in one day...

On Saturday my mom, my sister and I met with the caterer at the museum and went through all of the details with him. They have a glass stand that I can use for the cupcakes (yes, we are having cupcakes! yummm!), so I don't have to worry about making one. He also is going to put lights and a swag at the head table at no charge. They are pretty much going to do all of the set up on the day of, we just have to drop everything off the day before or that morning. I also chose appetizers; sweet potato pancakes, bacon and cheese mini quiche, and firecracker shrimp. All 3 will be Crohn's and Colitis friendly so that my sister and D don't have to keep asking "what's in that?"

After that meeting, We met with the Photographers, and showed them around the museum. Then we went up to Georgetown to the Gallery and to the Park where we are having the photos done. After seeing all of the locations in one day, I think people will think that our wedding photos are staged! We have the Park, then on the way to the ceremony we are going to walk from the park to the gallery through downtown and take photo's on the way, then at the gallery, then at the museum... all such different backgrounds!

After meeting with the photographers we went to Waste Wise (a re-use center) and found some wide mouth mason jars that I can clean up and put some ribbon on and use for vases to hold our bouquets, and some picture frames that I am going to hinge together to make A-frame signs to direct people to the museum and gallery.

That night we all sat around going through old pictures for a picture display. 30 years of pictures... it was like I saw my life flash before my eyes!

Busy day. The weekend before last D and I went shopping for bands. His will be titanium, and mine will be white gold to match my ring.

I have another busy weekend planned this weekend. Hopefully shopping tomorrow with my aunt for the decorating stuff. And on the holiday Monday we are meeting with our bagpipe-playing officiant to go over the ceremony.

No comments:

Post a Comment