Friday, July 31, 2009

Tripplicate

"They" say that things always happen in 3's. Who ever "they" are had better be right. Last Thursday as I approached my car after work I noticed a sticky note on the window. It had a name on the top and the words "The person who hit the red car" and under that "Please come in to the salon." Sure enough, there on the front driver's side wheel well was a dent.


And another one on the hood.
I went in to the salon to find out what happened. According to a couple ladies who saw it happen, there were 2 kids riding their bikes down the street. Kid #1 was riding up on one wheel and fell, right on to my car. The two of them then picked up their bikes and ran away. A patron of the salon recognized Kid # 2 and gave his name and his mother's name to the salon to pass on to me. When I got home I looked up Kid # 2 in the phonebook, and I was in luck, there was only one entry with that last name and the first initials matched his mothers.

I called to talk to his parents to get the name and number of Kid #1 so that I could get them to claim the damage on their insurance, not mine. Or they could just pay me for the damage. His mother was not home, so I talked to his father, told him what happened and that I wanted to get the name and contact information for his son's friend. He said "OK, hold on one sec while I get him." Not a 'sorry', or a 'that's terrible', no sense of remorse or responsibility at all from this guy. When his son got on the line, he said that his friends name is Jesse, but he didn't know his last name. Since when did kids stop using last names?? I knew all of my classmates last names. He also gave me a phone number.

I tried the phone number for Jesse, but all I got was "You have reached the voicemail box for 519-555-5555. Please leave a message after the tone. Beep." I left a message for his parents, but still have never heard anything back. Because I was unable to reach the parents, I figure I will likely have to put this damage on my insurance and to do so I needed to file an accident report. The OPP Constable came to look at the damage on Tuesday and as we approached the car he says to me "So, the dent we are looking at, it's the one on the rear passenger side?"

"What dent on the rear passenger side???!!!" hoping he was looking at the wrong car...

"That dent" he says and points at my car.

Sure enough, right there, next to the tail light is this:
It's that wonderful?? Some kid hits the front of my car and some car hits the back of my car! What else can happen?? You laugh now, but the story isn't over...

It's pretty standard for KIA to fill the tires of their new cars with Nitrogen. They claim that it helps the tires last longer and ride more smoothly and a bunch of other crap that I didn't really listen to after they said it was free. Anyway, to distinguish the tires that have Nitrogen from ones that have regular air, they put these nifty caps on the air nozzles for each tire that are chrome looking with a green 'N' on them. As I was filling my car with gas on the way home from work on Wednesday night I looked down and noticed that the cap was missing on the wheel directly under the gas tank. Then I looked at all of the other tires, they are all missing!!! Who steals air nozzle caps from tires???

That's 3. According to "them" I'm done right? Nothing else is going to happen to the car, right? Right??

As if I didn't have enough to deal with while trying to plan a wedding and fighting with our health insurance to cover D's new super expensive drugs! Sheesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment