Friday, March 13, 2009

A Change of Plans

When my fiancee proposed at Christmas and we were trying to decide on a date, there were a number of things we had to take into account.  Both my sister and his cousin are also engaged and planning their weddings.  So in trying to be as far away from my sisters wedding in the summer of 2010 as possible with still having time to plan our wedding and not being too close to his cousin's wedding in the fall was proving to be a challenge.  

So we decided on the beginning of November, 2 months after his cousins so that there would not be a financial burden on more than half of our guests for having two weddings to attend to so close together, and 9 months before my sisters wedding so my parents wouldn't have as big of a burden paying for two weddings.  As it is, they weren't preparing for us to get married so close together, we are 5 years apart after all.  This summer was too close and I didn't feel we'd have enough time to plan.  Since then, I have been so busy planning that I think sometimes I could have pulled off a summer wedding if I had decided to do that right away.  

Then we found out on Saturday night that D's cousin is postponing their wedding because both of them are having a hard time finding jobs after returning from going to school abroad.  So now the question is, do we move up our wedding?  I decided on Wednesday to send out some emails to see if it was at all feasible to move our wedding to warmer weather (I am always cold, so any earlier/warmer would be preferable).  First I checked with our reception venue to see if they even had any dates available before November 7.  Sure enough, they have a few dates!  I still don't want to move it too far ahead, June or July, for example, would be pushing it and I think I would start to panic!  but they also have September 5 open... that would be perfect... too perfect, I don't want to get my hopes up yet.  

Last night I sent a few more emails to the caterer, photographer and ceremony venue to see if they also had that day open and I haven't heard back yet.  Also I have sent an email to D's cousin to confirm that they are in fact officially moving their wedding because, as it turns out, September 5 was their original wedding date.   I would feel terrible if I changed ours and then the both got jobs tomorrow and decided not to postpone it and D's family had to choose which wedding to go to.  That would be horrible!!



No comments:

Post a Comment