Monday, March 30, 2009

Poo, Poop, Shit, Doo-Doo, Ca-Ca

What ever you call it, my yard is full of it!! When the snow first started melting I went out and picked up as much poop as I could. I filled 3 bags with snow and doggy-doo. Then the rest of the snow melted and I went out again, this time with the intention of reclaiming our yard and hoping that the turds would still be frozen enough that they would be easy to pick up and not too messy. They were frozen alright, frozen to the ground... I actually broke the piece of shit pooper-scooper on a piece of shit! This weekend I finally bought a new scoop, a bright turquoise one! Never before have I been excited about a pooper-scooper, it works like a charm, I don't have to touch anything except the handles, and it's pretty.* 

On Saturday I got the yard cleaned up as best I could. Between the trees, the house, the fence and the "good-neighbour" fence on our deck, our little postage stamp size patch of lawn gets little sun and grows hardly any grass. Add the dog to that and this year there is even less grass. It was hard to tell some of the brown patches apart. Am I digging a hole in the ground, or removing the mud-pie? For now the yard had been reclaimed... until next week. 


* I never thought I'd say that about something that picks up poo.



No comments:

Post a Comment