Saturday, April 18, 2009

Bridesmaid Dresses

I went out for lunch on Thursday with a big group of people from work to a really nice little Indian restaurant in downtown. Across the street, we noticed that the local boutique clothes store was having a sale, 20% off. So after we were finished eating the men went back to the office and the women went shopping. I didn't have many expectations for this store, it originally struck me as an old lady store and it wasn't somewhere I would have gone in without a purpose. But I wanted to be sociable, so I went with the girls and thought hey, you never know what you might find... and I found a gem!

I browsed the store looking at the dresses in case there was one that would be perfect for my bridesmaids. And sure enough, there was! At the back of the store was a rack 4 green dresses and matching black ones. The green ones are the perfect colour green, and in a cut that I think is pretty much flattering on everyone. They are Mexx dresses so I thought I'd go to the Mexx store in Stone Road mall to see if they had more. They did not. Crap! I hope that the 4 dresses at the shop happen to be the right size for both of them.

Today my sister (my maid of honour) and my mom met me at the store to look at the dresses and try one on.  I was right the cut was very flattering and it fit perfectly!  Now I just hope that one will fit my bridesmaid and one of the black ones will fit my fiance's sister who is being his best man. I'm not sure when she will be able to come up and try one on, but hopefully it is sometime before the sale is over, because finding a bridesmaid dress that is under $80, I think is pretty darn good.

At the store they also have handmade local jewelery.  The women at the store told me that when they first got these dresses in they had a beautiful green crystal necklace that they paired with the dress on a mannequin, but they had sold out.  They are going to contact the jeweler and inquire about getting more made for me.

I am holding my breath right now that this will all work out...



No comments:

Post a Comment