Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Update

CD11

I started going into the clinic for monitoring on Monday morning.  They take some blood to check my hormone levels and do an internal ultrasound to see how many and how big my follicles are growing.

On Monday, my cysts from last cycle appeared to have shrunk some, I don't know how big they are, she just said "smaller". The bad news was that I only had growth on my right (blocked) side, there is one at 10mm and one 11mm. Nothing on the left. It was still early, but I had a feeling that I'll be cancelled by the end of the week.

Yesterday morning went in again and I started to have growth on the LEFT! There is more on the right, but there were 3 on the left and  1 of them was dominant, so that is good! They called me yesterday afternoon because my E2 levels were really high and they wanted me come back today instead of tomorrow.

This morning I had 5 follies on the R (15, 13, 13, 11, 10) and 2 on the L (14, 13)... Mature is 20. They asked if I wanted to consider converting the cycle to IVF since I have so many. But we just don't have the $ for that right now. Yes, 7 follies is a little scary for IUI, but we can ignore the 5 on the R due to the surgically blocked tube, so really it's only 2.

My injection dose has been decreased from 100IU to 50IU and I go back on Friday for more monitoring.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but it's hard, this may be the first time we've had a real chance in 2.5 years...




1 comment:

  1. I have everything crossed and am sending positive energy your way!

    ReplyDelete