Friday, September 28, 2012

Look beside you

CD9~CD11

First let me explain today's Cycle Day (CD) number.  Normally, CD1 is the first day of AF and stims or other drugs start on CD3.  However, because this is an IVF cycle, and my body procrastinated with AF, things happened a little differently.

My calendar told me to start stims on Sept 20th no matter what day AF started and since AF started the same day as I was to start stims it was kinda like CD1 and CD3 at the same time (i.e. CD1~CD3).  This was ok because of all the other drugs I've done so far (OBC and Suprefact).  Those got my body to essentially a baseline zero and would have kept me there whether I started stimming on CD1 or CD7, it still would a been a forced 'CD3'.  If that makes any sense...

My FC refers to my CD as the later day (CD11) but in my head it's still really early and feels like CD9 so I'm counting both.

My first visit back to the FC since I was given my calendar almost a month ago was on Tuesday (CD6~CD8).   [See, this is why I've been double counting - on the first FC visit this cycle I was still bleeding and that's not usually the case.]  Anyway, Tuesday's visit was pretty uneventful.  I had the standard U/S & BW and met with one of the RE's and a nurse.  There was no measurable growth yet.

I'm not worried and as the RE pointed out, they want to make "wake up" my ovaries slowly so that I don't overstimulate in order to get the highest quality eggs.  He did say that if my E2 (estrogen) levels were low he'd call in the afternoon to raise my Puregon dose.  I didn't receive a call so I continued at 100 units for Tuesday and Wednesday night.

I went back to the FC yesterday morning (CD10~12) to check follicle sizes and E2 levels and things are finally starting to grow!

Right: 10, 10, 9, 9
Left: <10 p="p">
Well, at least the right side is growing.  Lefty is still lazy!

I go back tomorrow morning to check again.

Yesterday was a busy day.  Not only did I visit the FC, I also had a consultation with a new Naturalpathic Doctor.  While I liked my ole one, she just didn't have the experience with fertility issues or the availability that I need.  This new ND had done lots of research on infertility and has even spoken at a meeting of the local infertility support group.  Not that I have ever been to a meeting, but I read their blog.

I'm happy that I will be able to have 2 more appointments with her before Egg Retrieval.  The first will be to complete a physical before she can officially treat me and the 2nd will be for acupuncture.  The FC said that if I could find an acupuncturist who can see me on the day of transfer both before and after transfer, that it has been proven to increase the odds of success.  I'm really happy that I can get at least one session in before retrieval and possibly be able to book the two appointments on transfer day.  I'll try for it, but I won't get upset if it doesn't work out.  The ND doesn't seem to thing it's as necessary for it to be on the same day, the next day would be just as good.

********

Part of my job is to attend to tenants units with contractors if the tenant is not home.  Today I had to babysit a contractor in a number of units while they worked for hours.  I forgot to bring my Ipod with me so I wrote this post while I waited.

In one of the units, there was a piece of art on the wall that had a great saying.  I wish I had my Ipod because it would have been a good instagram (which I just started using) but a good "old fashioned" digital photo will have to do.




No comments:

Post a Comment