Saturday, September 8, 2012

Random Conversations

It's amazing how in topics completely unrelated to fertility you find yourself in an awkward situation and completely off guard and unprepared for the questions.

I went to the chiropractor yesterday and when I walked on he was in discussion with another patient about an old disney movie. He asked me if I knew of the movie, which I did not, and I mentioned that I started a Disney movie collection when I was in high school. I have around 25 disney cartoons, some of which are still in the original packaging.

Chiropractor: "either you or your sister are going to have to have kids soon to use those Disney movies. Ha ha chuckle chuckle. I bet your mom says that all the time! chuckle"

Me: "actually no, not any more. We are in the middle of fertility treatments, so she doesn't say that any more."

Chiropractor:"oh really?! That's exciting!"

Me:"It's really not, we're going on two and a half years now so the 'excitement' has worn off."

I have told him in the past that we are going through this, apparently he hasn't paid attention. He is an extremely religious person and I haven't wanted to discuss this with him at all because I worry he doesn't believe in ART.

I think it might be a good time to switch chiropractors...

1 comment:

  1. Chiropractors should be sensitive enough to the feelings and the situation of their clients. I think it's time to change one that you can build rapport with and one who empathizes with you.

    ReplyDelete