Saturday, October 6, 2012

Fertilization Report #1

This morning D and I were woken up by an amazing phone call!  The FC called before 9am this morning to give me my fertilization report.  Of the 12 eggs retrieved, all of them were mature.  This is important because only mature eggs will continue to develop and that's why the FC will only ICSI mature eggs.

ICSI (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection) is where they select 1 of D's sperm by microscope and inject it into one of my eggs.  Because all of mine were mature, were all fertilized by ICSI. 

It is normal for some of the embryos to stop developing at some point in this process.  After all, they are out of their natural environment... Anyway, one little guy didn't make it through the night, but 11 did and that's amazing!

If the FC is going to call before 9am tomorrow morning, I'm going to have to get to bed early tonight!

Now that the "fun" injections are over I'm entering a whole new era of fun in the form of progesterone suppositories!!  Sound exciting?  They're awesome.

Not so much.

Definitely better than injections, but still...  I'm not looking forward to the wonderful side effects these are going to give me because they will mirror all early pregnancy signs - just to screw with me. 

I'll be back tomorrow with another update/

No comments:

Post a Comment