Monday, October 15, 2012

Spotting

7dp3dt

Today I am 7 days past (7dp) my 3 day transfer (3dt) or 10dpo (days past ovulation). I swore that I wouldn't test until Wednesday but this morning I broke down and tested.

BFN

Not surprising as its still early. Many people don't get a BFP until 14dpo so there is still a chance. Or at least that's what I told my self this morning and what I truly believed until I got home from work.

When I went to the bathroom after work, there it was, plain as day... Pink.

Pink, right there on the toilet paper.

Now, this can mean one of two things;
1- AF is coming
2- AF is not coming

Confused?

Me too.

Normally, without any drugs, I have an LP (days between O and AF) of between 12-13 days. This would mean I would normally expect AF on Wednesday of this week.  And normally, I spot for 1-2 days prior to AF. So if I "expect" AF on Wednesday then I spotting today would be normal.

But this is not a normal cycle. This is a cycle on steroids. Ok not steroids literally...  The progesterone supplements that I'm on now have the potential to lengthen my LP so who knows when I can actually "expect" AF.

So if this is not AF spotting then what is it?

Implantation spotting is the other option. Implantation spotting occurs when the embryos implant into the uterine walls, this sometimes creates a little blood that eventually makes its way out. This usually happens around 7-8dpo or in my case 4-5dp3dt; 7dp3dt is a little late for implantation spotting but not unheard of.

What is my spotting today?  I don't know and there is no way of knowing other than to wait it out.

I'm not feeling very positive right now. To me, the timing if the spotting is more indicative of AF. I feel it's too late for implantation spotting.

When I came out of the bathroom I was bawling, D immediately knew that something had happened and let me cry into his shoulder for a while. I swear I heard him choke back a sob or two as well.
We are heart broken, but still hold that sliver of hope that this could still work out.

Although I don't see how.

No comments:

Post a Comment